Date published: Wednesday 26th September 2018 11:44
Manchester United have initiated talks with the representative of a €300m Brazil star, while Real Madrid’s president has been urged to move for a £178m Prem striker, according to Wednesday’s European papers.
MAN UTD OPEN TALKS OVER €300M BRAZIL STAR
Manchester United have held initial talks with the representatives of PSG star Neymar to discuss a possible deal, a report claims.
The Brazil international became the most expensive player of all time when he completed a €222million move from Barcelona to the French capital.
However, there have been reports that Neymar is unhappy playing in Ligue 1, with a possible return to LaLiga with Real Madrid speculated.
Reports from French outlet Le10 Sport earlier in the month suggested Neymar and Real Madrid had struck an agreement in principle to secure a shock return to Spain for the Brazil star.
It seems that Neymar – rated at around €300m – has more than one options, with both Manchester clubs linked.
According to Spanish outlet Don Balon, the Red Devils have made an approach to Neymar’s entourage to sound out the idea of a possible switch to Old Trafford.
Don Balon stated last week that Man City boss Pep Guardiola ‘would be happy to have Neymar on his team, and the Brazilian would like to be under the orders of one of the best coaches in the world’.
AND THE REST
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has received advice from the board and the club’s fans to “forget” about signing Neymar and instead go for €200m-rated Spurs star Harry Kane (Diario Gol)
Barcelona are confident they will sign Frenkie de Jong from Ajax. Manchester United, Manchester City, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain are all interested in the player (Mundo Deportivo)
Joachim Low has been locked out of Arsenal training and denied attempts to talk with midfielder Mesut Ozil (Bild)
Monaco owner Dmitry Rybolovlev is considering selling the club (Le10Sport)
Barcelona are interested in Lille winger Nicolas Pepe (Don Balon)
Juventus are interested in Manchester City winger Leroy Sane, but the Premier League champions and reportedly told the Italian giants the German starlet will only be available if Paulo Dybala goes the other way (Calciomercato)
Meanwhile, it is claimed Man City and Chelsea have sent scouts to watch Fiorentina defender Nikola Milenkovic (Calciomercato)
Arsene Wenger is unsure over a return to football management, but the 68-year-old Frenchman says he is not retired after leaving Arsenal in the summer (L’Est Republicain)
Derby have no option to buy Carabao Cup hero Harry Wilson at the end of the season (ESPN)
Want all the latest football news directly on your timeline? Like our Facebook page.